Welcome to University Advising
Due to the University Plan for COVID-19, advising meetings will be conducted in alternative formats. Check your EKU email for information or email your assigned advisor for instructions.
Office Hours (no in person office hours as of 3/16/20 )
Staff will be responding to emails and phone calls during the hours of 7:30 AM-4:00 PM Mon.-Thurs.
Contact us: email@example.com or (859) 622-2276
- Who is my advisor?
- Request Placement Testing
- Student Success Center
- Student Success Center Workshop Series
- Exploring majors and careers
- First year at EKU
- Dean's List and Dean's award for Exploratory and General Studies Students
- Academic resources
- How to be a successful college student
- Why should I see my advisor?
- Your responsibilities as an EKU student
- Important dates
Meet with your academic advisor regularly. Utilize all the resources EKU has to offer. Make informed decisions. Develop an academic plan and goals. Do what you came here to do - to be an EKU graduate!
University Advising Mission Statement
Who we serve:
Exploratory, Associate of Arts in General Studies, Non-Degree Seeking and Visiting Students
Dedicated to promoting academic success by collaborating with students to:
- Clarify career and life goals
- Develop meaningful academic plans
- Optimize academic potential
We will always strive to provide high quality advising, serving as a primary source of information to all exploratory and college readiness students. Our collaborative relationships within the University and our initiatives related to continuous improvement will allow us to serve as a model for excellence in advising at Eastern Kentucky University.
The University Advising Office Advisors are responsible:
- To the individuals they advise
- For involving others
- For themselves and their professional practice
- To their educational community
- To their institutions
- And to higher education.
(NACADA Core Values)