EKU| Probation Recovery Guide
Overview: Probation Recovery was established as a method of intervention for NFTF. A student's academic performance their first semester at EKU is a predictor of overall success and students who end the first semester on probation need additional intervention and support in order to return to good standing. Freshmen on probation after their first semester at EKU are required to participate in the Probation Recovery program. Each College has developed a process of intervention for students identified as Probation Recovery students. Please contact your College Advisor to find out more about the specific process for students in your area. (See Directory below)
- Attend an Academic Success Workshop held by the College of their major or meet with an Advisor before or DURING the first week of classes. Failure to do so will result in a hold on their account.
- Complete a Success Agreement
- Comply with the goals and items on the Success Agreement
IMPORTANT- If a student does not fill out a Success Agreement at the beginning of the semester they MUST complete the PARTIAL SEMESTER Success Agreement listed below.
Role of Advisor:
If a student contacts you as an Advisor in regards to the letter they have received from the Registrar's Office notifying the student that they have been placed on Academic Probation, please schedule a time for the student to meet with you. This meeting should include the following:
- Review the handouts provided on Academic Standing and Financial Aid SAP policy (see below).
- Review and complete a Success Agreement
- Scan or mail a copy of the Student Success Agreement to the Student Success Center. Scanned copies can be sent to SuccessCenter@eku.edu
Each College is responsible for placing and lifting holds for students who do not comply with the Probation Recovery policy.
Questions? Contact Tiffany Hampton (859) 622-5042 or email, email@example.com
Contact Directory by College
Academic Affairs (Exploratory and AGS): Tiffany Hampton, (859) 622-5042
Business and Technology: Julie Spease, (859) 622-1086
CLASS: Dan Royalty, (859) 622-8920
Education: Stacey Corson, (859) 622-8409
Health Sciences: Kristin Crawford, (859) 622-6577
Justice and Safety: Aaron Raider, (859) 622-6845
Science: Jennifer Miller, (859) 622-8922
Online Programs: Lakin Woolridge, (859) 622-8325
Corbin Campus: Ramona Davis, (859) 622-6707
Manchester Campus: Kristy Hampton, (859) 622-6644